The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act passed in 1996. A US federal law that provides data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding medical information. Core components include the Privacy Rule, Security Rule, and Breach Notification Rule.
Key aspects of HIPAA:
- Protects confidentiality and integrity of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Establishes permitted uses and disclosures of PHI by covered entities
- Gives patients rights over control of their health information
- Requires reasonable safeguards for PHI in storage and transmission
- Provides standards for electronic healthcare transactions
- Requires reporting of breaches compromising unsecured PHI
- Enforced by Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights
By Martin Liguori
I have been working on IT for more than 20 years.
Engineer by profession graduated from the Catholic University of Uruguay, and I believe that teamwork is one of the most important factors in any project and/or organization. I consider having the knowledge both developing software and leading work teams and being able to achieve their autonomy.
I consider myself a pro-active, dynamic and passionate person for generating disruptive technological solutions in order to improve people's quality of life.
I have helped companies achieve much more revenue through the application of decentralized disruptive technologies, being a specialist in these technologies.
If you want to know more details about my educational or professional journey, I invite you to review the rest of my profile or contact me at email@example.com